The average consumer is exposed to 3,000 ads and promotional massages every single day and business will do whatever they can to get a customer’s attention. Everywhere you look, there are store signs flashing, flickering and proclaiming, “Buy This,” “Try That” or “Come Check This Out!”
While it may seem overwhelming, but there’s reason you see all that promotion and advertising: it works and chances are good that you’re listening. The promotional products industry makes thousands of items imprinted with logos, slogans and the like to promote, organizations, services, products and events among other things.
Everywhere you look there are promotional products. The company holiday gift that you and other employees get every year? That’s also a promotional product. In fact, approximately 91 percent of customers have at least one promotional product in their kitchen; 74 percent have at least one at their workplace and 55 percent have at least one in their bedroom.
Whether you may know it or not, promotional products can be extremely effective marketing tools that can help your company get noticed and increase its brand. Here are five benefits your company can gain from promotional products.
- Customer Loyalty: If you can find a way to retain loyal customers, that’s going to be good for your business long term. Promotional products such as pens, hats, personalized woven patches made through custom patch construction can help foster the customer loyalty you’re seeking and give your company’s brand its own personality. Getting your logo or brand out there makes it easier for people to see it and remember it.
An effective and memorable logo can go a long way in increasing the brand awareness of a company. Whether it’s the color or colors, the text or the shape, there are a lot of factors involved with creating a logo and the right combination of those three factors can go a long way. If people can associate your company’s name, logo or brand with success and good service, they’re more likely to do repeat business with you.
- Cost Effectiveness: Compared to other forms of advertising, promotional products can be very cost-effective. Using custom patch construction to through your logo on hats for example and then distributing promotional products increases the likelihood that word of your business will get around through word of mouth. Putting promotional products in the hands of the right person can be a godsend for your business. Sixty three percent of customers pass along promotional products to others and the average customer hangs on to a product for about six months, increasing the chances they will use the product and tell someone about your business.
- Recognition: There’s a reason why everyone flocks to companies like McDonalds, Coca-Cola and John Deere. They have strong reputations. They stand out and they know how to market themselves well. If you can do those things too and make people recognize your brand, success should follow.
That’s where promotional products come in. 50 percent of people use promotional products like T-shirts, pens and patches every day. In addition, 25 percent of people say their impression of a company is more positive after getting a promotional product.
- Standing Out: When it comes to promotional products, the sky is the limit for your company. Whether you want use custom patch construction to slap your company’s logo on patches, or screen printing for branded apparel, there’s no limits to what you can do. Keep on eye on what other companies are doing or the latest fads for ideas how your company can incorporate promotional products.
- Better sales potential: While the whole point of promotional products is to increase awareness of something, when it comes to your company, they can also be used to generate new leads for sales. They can be used as an incentive for existing customers who refer someone to your business. You can also use them if you’re making a sales pitch to a potential client, extolling the virtues of what your company can offer.
Whether you’re using custom patch construction or custom embroidery to put your company’s logo on clothes or printing it on mugs and Frisbees, promotional products can do a lot to help increase awareness of your business and help it stand out.