As we get older we can start seeing lines and wrinkles that can be quite depressing. Especially if you are used to having youthful and bright skin. However, there are methods for getting rid of wrinkles. The most popular one is Botox treatments. It is definitely one of the best wrinkle treatments available and can definitely make you feel better about the way you look. Botox treatments have been around for quite a while now and quickly gained popularity with celebrities around the world. If you are considering getting Botox treatments done, then read on. Here are some pros and cons to receiving Botox treatments:
- Of course the first advantage is the fact that is reduces lines and wrinkles. This, in and of itself is the most common reason that people get Botox done. Some people feel that as long as it does that successfully, there is no con that can change their mind.
- Botox can do more than just get rid of wrinkles. It can actually be used to help strabismus, which is crossed eyes as well as blurred vision and eyelid spasms. Botox helps to heal the eye muscles.
- It can also be used to help control an overactive bladder. Once the botox is injected into the bladder it reduces incontinence and lasts several months.
- Botox treatments can even do away with hyperhidrosis which is excessive sweat. The medication is injected into the pours where the sweat is overactive and closes them off, thus eliminating sweat.
- Joint pain is another ailment where Botox can cause relief. They are not exactly sure how Botox alleviates pain from arthritis and similar conditions but it does cause the muscles to contract which can block painful signals.
- Many women report feeling pain during sex. This can cause relational problems but Botox can help to relax the muscles in the pelvis, allowing for a more pleasurable experience.
- A recent positive discovery is that Botox can actually help to fight allergies. This is simply a side effect of Botox and wasn’t actually being done on purpose when it was discovered.
- Reduction of noticeable scars is one reason to get Botox. If the drug is injected into the skin before surgery at the incision site it will stop the skin pulling apart. Botox can also be used to fill acne scars.
- It’s not a one time procedure. It only lasts a few months and needs to be redone periodically as the muscles go back to normal and the issue rears its ugly head once again.
- Botox is not a cheap habit. Some may think of it as a necessary investment but if you are not rolling in dough, you should keep in mind that the price adds up every few months.
- Botox doesn’t work for all wrinkles. There are some wrinkles that are too deep set or in an area that is not safe to paralyze.
- Unfortunately, Botox can affect your hormones. Some women have reported feelings of depression and anxiety after receiving Botox treatments.
- If you go overboard with the Botox, it can paralyze not only the areas where wrinkles are but your entire face and it makes it hard to be able to make facial expressions.
- It is quite common for people to build up a resistance to Botox. Even just a few treatments can cause a person to become immune to the medication. Your body will literally block the antibodies which activate the drug.
- The more you get Botox, the more your muscles don’t have to work. This can actually cause them to become weak and more prone to sagging as you get older. Once the muscles will not contract on their own, you will have no choice but to continue Botox treatments.
So, as you can see, there are definitely two sides to receiving Botox. It’s really up to you to decide whether or not the disadvantages are worth the results. If you are desperate enough to fix the problem that you are having and Botox could potentially help you, then you may be willing to risk the negative outcomes. On the other hand, knowing that there are side effects to the treatment could put a person off of getting it done all together. Whatever your choice is, it just needs to be right for you.